The Very Special People

PLEASE HELP THESE CHILDREN

Monday, March 29, 2010

STAY FOOL STAY COOL

I came to life, blank minded.
Like a fool, I didn't know a thing.
I learnt, what my parents taught.
I learnt, what I saw.

I started talking, I started walking.
I went to school, I was still a fool.
I learnt, what the teachers taught.
I learnt, what the friends taught.

I completed school, I went to college.
But I was still a fool.
I learnt, what I read.
I learnt, what the life taught.

I rose through what I got.
I became what I learnt.
Few good things, also few bad.
But I was still a fool.

What if, I feel- I know everything,
What if, I feel- I have everything,
What if, I feel- I'm not a fool.
Then everything will stop.
My growth, my learnings,
Everything will stop.
I will stay where I were.

Paused, will be the state of life.
Blanked, will be the thoughts.
Being a fool, helped me a lot.
Staying a fool, taught me a lot.
Staying fool is what I want.
For a better life, follow the mantra-
Stay fool, stay cool.

11 comments:

Vibhuti Bhandarkar said...

Hi Vivek, amazingly this poem is on a topic that selected for Blog-A-Ton 9...:D
Are you participating then?
It would make a gr8 entry...
Only noticed a couple of grammatical errors.
'I will stay where I WAS!' 'were' is used in plural context.
"Being a fool, helped me a lot.
Staying A fool, taught me a lot."
I love how you ended it...'Stay Fool, Stay cool'!
I would however prefer 'Stay A fool, Stay Cool!'
Anyways..the poet has poetic liberty..doesn't he?
:D

Unknown said...

Oh I didn't notice that its the Blog-A-Ton 9 topic, but may be I can submit my entry for it. Hey, that "were" is intentionally written, actually its the "Subjunctive" notice the 'what if' in the poem and in subjunctive 'I was' becomes 'I were' irrespective of singular/plural. I corrected the "A". Anyway, nice catch. Yes, you used the right words -"poetic liberty", we use it as we want it:).
Thanks for reading and your comments are always special.

Joya said...

Thank you ,Vivek, wonderful and encouraging. Love, Joy@

Unknown said...

Thanks Joya, your comments are always encouraging :)

Unknown said...

amazing poem viks..enjoyed a lot.....

Unknown said...

Thanks Manpreet, glad you liked it :)

Er. said...

A nice read. Meaningful. Liked reading it! :)

Reena said...

This poem is really very coooolll...!!
:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Mr.Virgin Author :)

Unknown said...

Thank You Reena, glad you found time to read it.

skull said...

awesome.
This is like what I experienced.
great post.

Post a Comment