The Very Special People

PLEASE HELP THESE CHILDREN

Monday, July 5, 2010

PLEASE LOVE YOUR HEART



Few days ago while I was working in the office just as any other routine working day, I heard a sudden cry. I turned around in the direction of the sound and saw my colleague weeping at some distance in her cubicle. Her face was all red, it looked as if she was shedding tears in some deep pain, and she could hardly speak anything as her voice was choking in distress. The whole work bay went into an unknown silent-mode. Everyone was confused and curious at the same time, but no one knew what has just happened. While I started heading towards her, couple of her girl-friends surrounded and started asking her- What happened? What happened? I took a glass of water while moving towards her and till the time I reached her desk, she had only uttered very few words in her low weeping voice that no one had understood. I gave her the glass of water, she drank a sip or two and then said- “my mother died”!! She again started crying in deep pain of loss of her mother.

Before anyone could ask her anything, we took her outside of the office work area and then called back from her cell-phone to her relatives. We found out that her family was having the tea at about 4pm in the evening and all of a sudden her mother had cardiac arrest and within 10 minutes of it, she died. My colleague left the office for the airport along with one of her friend, but all of us went into a state of shock. Whole day, I was really upset of what I had witnessed. I got to know that her mother was in her mid 40’s and she had never complained about any heart disease in her whole life, but all of a sudden she was gone. I felt really scared about the death and I was shocked by the fact that- how the heart-attack can suddenly take away a human life? I became worried if something like this has happened to me, what if instead of her mother it would have been mine? Even a small thought of it was making my blood cold and turning my face pale. I started searching the internet in the desperation of knowing everything about the heart diseases, and I found- billionheartsbeating.

Billionheartsbeating is a campaign against the heart diseases. I found that it’s a combined initiative of Apollo Hospital and Times of India aiming at reducing the heart diseases to the null. Billionheartsbeating has all the general information what one should know to avoid the heart diseases, it has all the common heart problems people suffer, their solutions and 92 ways to keep your heart healthy. The best part about this very unique campaign is- it doesn’t talk about the medication or the science behind the prevention of the heart diseases, but the practical commonsensical ways in which we can keep the heart disease that claims many lives annually, at bay.

Good news is you can be the part of this very noble initiative by taking the pledge on Billionheartsbeating. I request all of you to be part of it and take the pledge to keep your heart healthy and most important not just that- with every pledge you take Apollo Hospital will do a free heart-screening at its check-up camp. So, you are not just keeping your heart healthy but also providing a free checkup to someone who is poor and needy. You can ask the experts your queries and you can upload your videos if you think you know the ways to keep your heart at its best. First thing is first, please click here- Billionheartsbeating and take the pledge to keep your heart healthy, and before taking the pledge please make sure that you leave a comment here saying that- “I’m taking this pledge”, so that I can keep a track of who all are being a part of this magnificent campaign with me. In the end, I just want to say that- Heart is for love, heart is for joy, spread the love, spread the joy by keeping your heart good and healthy!!   



P.S. Its my request to you- please start loving your life, please start loving your heart. Let us all, take this pledge to stay fit and eradicate all heart diseases from our lives……Heart is a symbol of love, if heart dies love dies, lets do it for the love of our life.  


***BE A PART OF IT & INSPIRE OTHERS TO JOIN YOU*************

16 comments:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Omg, what a horrible story about your coworker :( So sad. I applaud you for taking a stance against heart disease! Way to make something good come out of sadness.

AswathiBabu said...

Surely I will check the site..

Unknown said...

@Caitlin, thanks for visiting here again..yes only way eradicate heart diseases is to fight against them...

Unknown said...

@AswathiBabu, Thanks for taking time to read the post and most importantly, supporting the cause...

Amit said...

it happened in Verizon ?

Unknown said...

@Amit, yeah ..

Anonymous said...

I pledge!

Unknown said...

@Anonymous, thank you :)

Someone is Special said...

Hey it is a bad thing that happened to your co-worker. Thanks for participating in this initiative.
I wish you a Good luck..

Do stop by Save a Heart - The Untold Story !
Yours Frendly,
Saravana Kumar M

Rinzu said...

Yes many of my mom's colleagues have died a silent death. Even though they are medicos. I agree with the your sentiments but as a guy I hope you dont smoke because if you do then whatever you maybe doing to keep your heart healthy may go waste with this one habit.

kindly visit


http://thepoeticdiaries.blogspot.com/2010/07/act-of-compassion.html


your comments and feedback would be appreciated.

Unknown said...

@Saravana, thanks mate..thanks for taking time to read it and wishing me luck. I'll surely visit and read what you posted. Take Care n Love you heart :)

Unknown said...

@Rinzu, lol...yeah people do say I have dopy eyes...may be thats the reason they misunderstand and put me in smokers gang..lol. Nevertheless, I dont smoke and I'm totally against it. Thanks for visiting here and sharing your thoughts, god bless:)

Pallav Gogoi said...

That was really sad. Thanks for supporting this wonderful heart campaign.

Take care

Unknown said...

@Pallav, thanks mate for taking time to read the post. I'm glad that you too are supporting the cause..take care :)

Someone is Special said...

@Vivek Nanda
Thanks a Billion for stopping by Few Miles, do be regular on my updates. Do vote if my Initiative worth so..

Yours Frendly,
Saravana Kumar M

Unknown said...

@Saravana, thanks mate for visiting here. I'll surely consider your plea, thanks again :)

Post a Comment